Meaning and you can measurement off cohabitation
Issues used by current studies to assess cohabitation position from the period of the interview and past cohabitation experiences tend to be (but they are not limited to help you):
- Most recent Population Questionnaire. “Have you got a boyfriend, spouse or companion contained in this household?” (newest cohabitation updates)
- Federal Longitudinal Questionnaire from Young people 1997. “Since the time of one’s past interview, are you hitched to some one, or lived having a partner of your own opposite sex inside a great marriage-instance relationships for which you built you to definitely house and you can lived with her?” (early in the day cohabitation experience) and you may “Have you got a partner one currently lives along with you?” (newest cohabitation condition)
- Federal Longitudinal Study of Adolescent to Mature Fitness. “Just how many close or sexual couples maybe you’ve existed with for example month from far more? By the ‘lived with’ we indicate that none of you remaining a special home although you have been traditions together with her.” (prior cohabitation experiences) and, for those who stated that it actually have an intimate otherwise intimate lover, “Are you cohabiting with [complete first name]?” (most recent cohabitation updates)
- National Questionnaire regarding Group and you will Households. “With how many couples do you real time just before your own (first) marriage (together with your first husband/wife)?” (early in the day cohabitation feel) and you will, for those who advertised which have previously resided with someone, “Could you be still-living with this specific mate?” (most recent cohabitation position)
- Federal Questionnaire away from Members of the family Progress.